Coaching is a powerful way of accompanying people on their ‘journey’, whether focused on their work, professional or personal development.
What is essential to the relationship between the client and coach is trust and confidentiality. A client must feel safe in the space given for the coaching in order to be able to express themselves openly and develop.
Coaching is an effective means of development:
It supports people in creating their future through identifying and working towards a vision
It is personal, individualised and carried out in real time with real time actions being required of the client.
It brings faster results and is more cost effective than traditional training or consulting
Coaching is a powerful way to boost employee morale and engagement.
I offer coaching primarily in the following areas:
- Executive and leadership coaching
- Career coaching
- Personal and Professional Development
Here are some of the challenges that I have coached around:
- Leading/handling a major change
- Developing strategy
- Developing a vision and engaging others in this vision
- Clarity over future direction
- A need to re-assess life and /or career
- A need for specific help with a particular skill such as delegating to staff
- Determining how to use your full potential
- Needing a boost to motivation and/or morale
- Support in building a business
How I work:
My coaching programs are tailor-made and usually last 3 to 6 months, but can be longer or shorter. Coaching can be done face to face or by telephone/skype or a mix of the three. Each session will last about an hour although face to face typically may be longer than telephone sessions.
A typical program may look something like this;
- Initial assessment of individual client to evaluate work and life needs and establish goals. This may also involve, if appropriate, the clients manager. This can be a powerful way to gain the support of a manager in supporting the client through the coaching process, and will also add insights into the initial areas for work with the coach.
- Two sessions per month of coaching in the appropriate format (face to face, Skype or telephone)
- Continuing telephone and email support
- Tools and exercises to help the successful achievement of goals
- Ongoing strategies determined for the end of the coaching relationship
As it is important that there is a good match between a clients needs and the coach, then a free introductory session of one hours coaching is offered. To take advantage of this, contact me here